– Beyond each corner new directions lie in wait.
– The exit is usually where the entrance was.
– He who limps is still walking.
– In a war of ideas it is people who get killed.
– The mob shouts with one big mouth and eats with a thousand little ones.
– Even a glass eye can see its blindness.
– To whom should we marry Freedom, to make it multiply?
– I am against using death as a punishment. I am also against using it as a reward.
– You can close your eyes to reality but not to memories.
– Optimists and pessimists differ only on the date of the end of the world.
– Is it progress if a cannibal uses a fork? (Hence the title ‘Cannibals with Forks’ by John Elkington)
– If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?
– No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
– All is in the hands of man. Therefore wash them often.
– Do not ask God the way to heaven; he will show you the hardest one.
– If you are not a psychiatrist, stay away from idiots. They are too stupid to pay a layman for his company.
– Thoughts, like fleas, jump from man to man, but they don’t bite everybody.
– The first condition of immortality is death.
– Suppose you succeed in breaking the wall with your head. And what, then, will you do in the next cell?
– Watch out you don`t get crushed under somebody else`s wheel of fortune.
– You have to decide even to hesitate.
– You have to have a lot of patience to learn patience.
– The fact that he died does not prove that he lived.
– America was not discovered by Americans – shame on them.